Learn how easy is to add a clickable link to your Instagram bio in this quick tutorial.
Putting a link on your Instagram bio can help your followers find you on other social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube and even VSCO. In today’s tutorial we will teach you the step-by-step to do this.
Instagram is the main social network for photo sharing on the internet and more and more people use it for personal and business marketing purposes to sell products or to divulge some news, for example.
Read also: Who’s Not Following Me Back on Instagram
Read also: How To Go Live on Instagram on Android
Unlike social networks like Facebook and Twitter, Instagram makes it impossible to incorporate clickable links (internal or external) into posts in the social network, which ends up causing difficulties in sharing products, articles and news.
This is where an idea comes up to make an post that indicates that in the bio of the profile there is a link to that product, article or news. But you must be asking yourself: “How to put a link in Instagram biography?”
The truth is that a link can not be placed exactly in the bio of an Instagram profile, but rather in the “Website” field. Check out the tutorial below how to do it.
If the link you want to add on your bio is too long we recommend you shorten it so it does not take up too much space on your profile page. For this we will use the Bitly shortener.
- Access the Bitly website.
- Enter your long link in the “Paste a link to shorten it” box and click the “Shorten” button.
- The shortened link is displayed. Now click the “Copy” button to copy the link to your clipboard.
Now that you already have a URL copied to your clipboard it’s time to add this link to your Instagram profile bio. Here’s how to do this using a computer or smartphone.
It is very easy to accomplish this task using a computer because of the convenience and speed that the mouse provides. See in the tutorial below how to add your link in your Instagram bio using your computer’s browser.
- Go to Instagram.com and sign in to your account.
- Click the profile icon located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- You are now on your Instagram profile page. Click the “Edit Profile” button located to the right side of your username.
- This is the settings page of your profile where you can put a link in your Instagram bio. Enter the desired link in the text box to the right of the word “Website”.
- Click the “Submit” button to save the change you made.
Done! Your link will now be viewed and can be clicked by anyone with permission to access your profile page on Instagram.
You can also add a clickable link on your Instagram bio through social photo network app for smartphones like iPhone and Android devices. Learn how in the following tutorial.
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Tap the profile icon that is located in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Tap the “Edit Profile” button located below your number of posts, followers and following.
- In the “Website” section simply paste the link you want to add to your Instagram bio and then touch the blue “Check!” button located in the upper right corner of your screen to save the change.
Your link has now been saved to your Instagram bio and will be visible to those who have permission to view your profile.