Here’s how to download any Instagram user’s profile picture easily.
Instagram does not yet officially allow a user’s profile picture to be viewed or saved to its original size. But there are a few ways to download the profile picture of any Instagram user in an extremely simple way. See how in the tutorials just below.
Instagram is today the world’s largest social photo-sharing network. The service is preferred by most people to share photos of good times in life and if you have an account there your friends are likely to have too.
Although much like Facebook in relation to posting photos, Mark Zuckerberg’s company still does not provide a way to view or save the profile picture of Instagram users just as it is possible on Facebook for desktop, Android, iPhone, etc.
But this process can be done through outsourced tools or hacks that allow you to download, save or just view the profile picture of any user.
So in this tutorial we teach two ways to perform this process: in the first we will use the InstaDP tool, which is an easy-to-use Instagram profile picture downloader, and in the second we will use a technical mode through a common web browser. Check out both tutorials below.
How to save the Instagram profile picture with InstaDP
First go to InstaDP.com. You will see a text box where you must enter the name of the Instagram user that you want to save or download the profile picture. Then just click the “View DP” button and the image will be displayed in full size. Follow the tutorial in more detail in the step-by-step below.
- Access the InstaDP.com website.
- In the “Enter IG Username” field enter the user name of the Instagram profile you want to save the profile photo, then click “View DP”.
- The full-sized profile photo will be displayed. Touch and hold it and go to the next step.
- Now just tap “Download image” to save the Instagram profile photo to your smartphone.
How to download the Instagram profile picture in a technical way
Through a web browser, access the desired Instagram user profile page. Click on his profile picture and open it in a new tab. In the new open tab edit the link in the address bar by removing the “s320x320/” part and then press “Enter”. The full-sized profile photo will be displayed. Follow the tutorial in more detail in the step-by-step below.
- Using a web browser, go to the Instagram profile you want to save the profile photo (Example: “http://instagram.com/eminem”). Then tap and hold the profile picture of this user.
- In the menu that was opened, touch “Open image in new tab” so that the profile photo opens in a new browser tab.
- In the tab that was opened click on the address bar to edit the URL of the current profile photo.
- Now edit the URL by removing the “/s320x320” part and access that address you just edited.
- The full-sized profile photo is displayed on your screen. Tap and hold it and go to the next step to save it.
- After touching and holding the full-size profile photo, the following options menu will be displayed. Touch the “Download image” option to save the selected user’s Instagram profile photo to your smartphone’s memory.