Thinking about downloading some beautiful pictures from Pinterest? There is still no Pinterest image downloader, but there are simple ways to save photos of the service’s boards.
Downloading Pinterest images through the smartphone app
If you have the Pinterest app on your Android or iPhone you can download the image of a certain Pin through it. In the tutorial below we teach you step-by-step how to save a Pinterest image through the service’s app for smartphone.
- Launch the Pinterest app on your Android or iPhone smartphone.
- Go to the Pin that contains the image you want to download.
- On the lower left side of the screen there will be a “Menu” button (three horizontal dots), touch it to display the options of this Pin.
- The menu options will be displayed. Touch the “Download image” option to save the image of this Pin to your smartphone.
- The images you download through the Pinterest app for smartphone are saved in the “Pins” folder of your smartphone’s photo gallery (probably close to the “Camera Roll” folder).
Downloading Pinterest photos through the service’s website for smartphone
If you do not have the Pinterest app installed on your smartphone there is still a way to download Pinterest photos using a web browser. Check out the tutorial below on how to download Pinterest photos using the web browser of your smartphone.
- Open a web browser (give preference to Google Chrome) and go to the Pinterest website.
- In Chrome, touch the “Menu” button (three vertical dots), then touch the “download” icon (down arrow) to download the complete web page on your smartphone.
- When the “download completed” message appears, quickly tap the “Open” button in the lower right corner of the screen to open the downloaded Pinterest web page.
- The downloaded Pinterest web page will be displayed on your screen accompanied by the photo you want to download. Now touch and hold the photo until an options menu is displayed.
- When the menu is displayed, just touch the “Download image” option to save the desired Pinterest photo to your smartphone’s gallery.
Saving Pinterest pictures through the service’s website for computer
If you are using Pinterest on your computer you can also save the pictures of the service through it. In the following tutorial we will show you how you can save your favorite Pinterest pictures through a computer.
- Open a web browser (we recommend Google Chrome) and go to the Pinterest website.
- Go to the Pin that contains the picture you want to download on your computer.
- Right-click on the Pin picture and then click on the “Save image as…” option.
- Now, choose in which folder you want to save the downloaded Pinterest picture and click the “Save” button.