Check out how to download Tumblr GIFs using your smartphone or computer.
Tumblr is an internet place filled with multimedia content where you can find millions of videos, audios, images and also GIFs. There are several ways to save all of these media types to your device, and if you want to know how to download a GIF image from Tumblr we’ve prepared this complete tutorial.
Save Tumblr GIFs through the smartphone app
In this tutorial you will learn how to save Tumblr GIFs through the service smartphone app itself (Android or iPhone).
- Launch the Tumblr app on your smartphone (Android or iPhone).
- Locate the Tumblr GIF you want to save in your smartphone’s memory.
- Now touch and hold for a few seconds the GIF you want to download.
- The following menu will appear. Touch the “Download photo” option and the GIF download will start and then be saved. The file will be saved in the “Tumblr” folder of the image gallery on your smartphone.
Download Tumblr GIFs from your smartphone browser
If you do not have the Tumblr application installed you can also download a GIF using the browser on your smartphone. Check out the tutorial below on how to save Tumblr GIFs through a web browser.
- Open a web browser (we recommend Google Chrome) and go to the Tumblr website.
- Log in and look for the GIF you want to download.
- Touch and hold the GIF for a few seconds until a menu is displayed. Then just touch “Download image” button so that the Tumblr GIF download is started and then finished.
Save Tumblr GIFs from your computer’s browser
You can also save Tumblr GIFs using a web browser from a computer. Learn how in the tutorial below.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Go to the Tumblr page where the GIF you want to download is located.
- Right click on the GIF and click on “Save image as…”.
- Choose where you want to save and then click “Save” and wait for the download to complete.